Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Sewing for Boys

I just started sewing a year and a half ago and most of my projects have been for my girls but I wanted to make something special for my son for his 17th birthday. He is a huge sports fan, especially for our hometown teams, like his dad was.  I purchased fabrics from Joann Fabrics for each of his favorite teams, Washington Redskins, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Capitals and Maryland Terrapins. Luckily Sara over at Sew Sweetness had a great pattern that would allow me to use all 5 teams!

I used Sara’s motopouch pattern from her minikins set. I did have to increase the width of the top and bottom panels by 2 inches but it worked out perfect. I love how it turned out. My sons a typical teenager so he basically just said thanks but I’m sure he loved it.








I laminated the lining fabric using Pellon Vinyl Fuse so it will not get messy and can be wiped out!

I’d love to hear, how do you sew for the boys or men in your life?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pouches for Cancer

My family and I are active each year in a Relay for Life in honor of those we love who have been lost or had to deal with cancer. My wonderf...